1. Drink water – The best way to prevent kidney stones is to drink at least 6 cups of water a day.
2. Reduce protein, salt, added sugars, and oxalate intake – Don’t have more than 2 servings of meat products or eggs a day (1 serving = 75 grams of cooked chicken, beef or fish or two eggs).
3. Eat dairy – Have 2 servings of low-fat yogurt or milk a day to help reduce oxalate absorption and prevent kidney stones, while maintaining bone and muscle health.
- Water with lemon, lime or orange slices or juice
- Low-fat yogurt, kefi r or milk
- Green tea
- Bok choy
- Raw red and yellow pepper
- Salty and sugary foods
- Cold cuts and other processed meats
- Grapefruit juice
- Potatoes and yams
- Dark chocolate and cocoa powder
- Black tea
- Nuts and seeds