Sharepoint Online Web Services
The Microsoft SharePoint helps users to create intranet websites with the use of multiple templates and SharePoint web parts, which enhances the basic functionality. SharePoint Web Parts are segmental components that shape the basic building block of a SharePoint page. Web parts can help customize intranet content, layout and a set of adjustable scripts in certain pages through the web interface. It can be used to create or modify a SharePoint page to exhibit contents or business information from various obtains on the same page. End users can add web parts to various points in a web page once enhanced by the administrator.
Sharepoint Web Services Categories
- List and Libraries
- Content Rollup Web Parts
- Media and Content Web Parts
- Business Data
- People Web Parts
How to add Web Parts in SharePoint ?
- There is an intuitive interface of the Web Part Gallery in SharePoint to add a web part. Web part categories and sub-categories are visible on the Gallery page. By clicking on a web part name, a description and an example would be first shown. Here are the steps that help you in adding a Web Part in SharePoint.
- Enter the Edit mode on the Web Part Page: click the Page tab -> Edit Page. Then insert a Web Part into one of the Web Part page’s zones.
- Click the zone of a Web Part page and click Web Part on the Insert tab to open the “Web Part Gallery”. Click the Insert tab’s Text and Images buttons and a “Content Editor Web Part” or an “Image View Web Part” would be added, as a Web Part page can contain only web parts.
- Select a web part that you wish and drag it to the zone, or click the Add button. You can able to use the Add button in the “About the Web Part” section: select a zone from the drop-down zone list and click the Add button.
- You can edit the web part properties by selecting “Edit Web Part” from the Edit drop-down list. You can have additional options in the Ribbon by clicking on the Web Part option.
How to move or remove a web part?
- Select “Edit” from the top right part of the page to go into editing mode.
- Choose the web part you want to move or remove and hover over it with the mouse to spot a toolbar on the left side.
- To move the web part to another location, pick “Move” web part button and drag it wherever you want it to be moved.
- If you want to delete the web part, just pick the Delete web part button